A lot has happened since our last blog post. And here are the bullet points....
- We welcomed our daughter, Cooper I.V. Olmstead into the world on December 19, 2013
- Thanks to the kindness and generosity of our friends, family, neighbors, equestrian community we survived the roughest winter in LCO Eventing history ( due to Courtney's injures, my pregnancy and old mother nature). A special shout out to Kendyl Tracey for riding our horses, Lindsey Pfifer for looking after the barn, Susanne Brose and Larry Bell for hosting a fundraiser for us, Sharon White & Tim Bourke, everyone at Last Frontier Farm, for helping us with anything and everything, and our dear friends Skyeler Voss, Lynn Symansky, Paul Waslyn, Clare and Tom Mansmann, The Village Green, Elizabeth and Chris Johns, Sue Lane, Toni and Laura Massie..... there are a million more. THANK YOU! You have no idea, your support, generosity and kindness literally brought us to our knees and we are forever grateful for helping us in our time of need!
- Courtney is fully recovered and back competing! Courtney dusted off the rust with Chuck Akre's Smarty Pants in the TH and Eliza Do A lot in the BNH at Waredaca HT in May. Then Smarty Pants back again at SVPC HT ( my old stomping grounds!) in June.
- Courtney WON the BN at MDHT with Wild Affair. We have had her since she came off the track and it's so fun to see them enjoy their new careers!! ( She's for sale by the way - check the sales page!)
- We have welcomed new working students Logan Yost from Florida and Emma Fagan from South Africa, Logan helps with kids as well as in the barn. They are amazing and we are excited for them to be part of the LCO Eventing team!
- I was lucky enough to get to coach Old Dominion Hounds Pony Club teams at Virginia Region show jumping rally, eventing rally and D3 rally... the kids brought home wins at all THREE!!! So fun to be a part of this great group!
- I was fortunate enough to go to Rolex Kentucky Three Day Event this year to watch one of my dearest friends Lillian Heard and her Share Option attack their first four star. Lillian is one of my oldest friends and deserves all the success in the world ( she is also my son, Landon's godmother) and Whitey holds a place near and dear to my heart for the time he spent with us while Lil was in Ireland/England. Anyway, she was magical, he was magical...I cried on the way home. It's an amazing feeling to see friends fulfill their hard earned dreams.
- We have a barn full of lovely horses and super cool OTTBs for sale ( SHAMELESS PLUG - check out the Sales page!)
It's off Seneca Valley PC Horse Trials this weekend with an event every weekend through November so I will do my best to keep everyone updated!!